Monday, June 28, 2010

Tzora Dairy Farm

My sister-in-law, her son and a weird cow in the background
My sister-in-law is visiting us from Toronto and I thought that she and her 2 boys would enjoy a visit to a local dairy on Kibbutz Tzora. Well....it seems that neither she or her sister (my wife) exactly share my enthusiasm for the refreshing fragrance of cow. Lots of cow.

Despite that minor issue, I and the kids (except for my daughter who help her nose the whole time) had a bovine blast.

We got to watch as the cows filed into the milking station, were milked and then returned to their lovely, "sparkling clean" pens (or whatever you call the place they stand/lie/eat/etc. in).

Room with a view
We also got to see the Tnuva truck come and fill up with fresh milk for delivery to their processing plants. The driver took samples to check for various properties to ensure that the milk met Tnuva standards.

The best part in my mind is that this little trip is only 5 minutes from Ramat Beit Shemesh (Kibbutz Tzora is off of Highway 38-right next to BIG), it's totally free and highly educational (now my kids know where the milk comes from-YUM).

Milk cow on Kibbutz Tzora near Ramat Beit Shemesh, Israel
Next time you are looking for something to do with your really bored kids, hop over to Tzora to check out the Dairy. (Milking is daily at 12PM.)

1 comment:

  1. i want to visit this farm can you please the address of this farm

    ReplyDelete