Monday, June 28, 2010

Siyum Torah in Ramat Beit Shemesh

This past Thursday evening was a special night for me and all of Ramat Beit Shemesh.

Although I really plan on making this blog a community focused one with events and activities that are relevant to the greater public, I feel that this relatively private event was important for all of us.

The event truly deserves a longer post, but in short Talmud Torah Toras Moshe celebrated the completion of Chamishei Chumshai Torah as well as Mishnayos Seder Moed for 3rd and 4th grade respectively. What a huge accomplishment. All of Chumash...and all of Seder Moed!!
As one other father commented, "we adults have barely completed this material" and "what were we doing in 3rd or 4th grade?!!". We are very fortunate that our children are getting educations far beyond what we received.

I have a son in each class, so the Siyumim were of particular importance to me. But I believe that all of us gain from having a growing population of children in RBS who are all receiving stellar Torah educations.

I hope and pray that these boys and all the children here in the neighborhood, grow and develop to ultimately embody all that the Torah has to teach us and make our community a light unto the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment